Monday, June 20, 2011

Before and After

I (Anna) just finished stitching Spike the fish from Zecca. I received some great input on what to do with the background, and ultimately ended up doing a fun blackwork pattern from Julia Snyder's latest book. In the book Julia suggests stitching a small stitch and then using a very fine metallic thread to do the blackwork over the small stitches. Confused? Scroll down a little bit and look at the finished product! This technique gave the exact effect I was going for - love when that happens!
Here's what I started off with...
And this was my end result!
Sequins + metallic sparkly thread = fun!
We have one of these canvases in stock now, so if you would like to stitch a little fish you can! Give us a call or send us an e-mail any time.
1-800-234-1761

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails